Skål Club of the Year
Skål International, with more than 12049 members, entailing of industry’s Managers and Executives, meet at Local, National, Regional and International levels to do business among friends throughout more than 308 Skål Clubs along 86 countries.
Skål International annually convenes the Skål International Club of the Year Award, aimed at public recognition of those clubs that have stood out for their activity inside and outside the organisation, as well as for their work under the values of Skål International.
The Skål International Club of the Year Award are governed by the following rules:
All Skål Clubs worldwide that meet all the requirements listed below. Headquarters carries on a thorough revision to determine the eligible Clubs each year, who are then invited to participate in the Skål Club of the Year Award.
1. Payment of annual international membership fees made by the Club by 28 February.
2. Net increase of 10% in membership or a minimum of 10 new members for Clubs with more than 100 members. Young Skål Students will not be counted in the growth calculation (from 1 April 2022 to 30 April of current year).
3. Voting delegate at two Skål International Annual General Assemblies in the past five years.
4. Contribution to the Florimond Volckaert Fund (from 1 January 2022 to 30 April of current year).
5. Contribution to the Membership Development Fund (From 1 January 2022 to 30 April of current year).
6. That the Club is active in at least one social media platform such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.
7. That the Club has adopted the Skål Branding with the new corporate identity logo.
The eligible Clubs were invited to produce a 2:30 minutes video outlining their achievements, initiatives to recruit or retain their membership, promote the Skål brand or their charity, sustainable or other activities undertaken from 1 January to 31 December 2022. The videos had to be received at Headquarters not later than 31 July 2023.
Clubs with less than ten members or with outstanding debts over EUR 200 on 31July will not be allowed to vote.
Accredited clubs will be invited to vote electronically for the Club they considered should be declared the winner.
Clubs will be allowed to vote for a Club in their own country, if they so wish.
Senior Vice President Annette Cardenas, Vice President Denise Scrafton and Senior Director Andres Hayes will make up a panel of judges representing the Executive Board. Each of them will vote individually. Suppose a Club from a country of one of the jury members is among the Clubs nominated to compete. In that case, another member of the EB will deputize in order of seniority.
The Club that gets the highest combined score following vote by the Clubs and the Executive Board will be declared ‘Skål Club of the Year 2022/2023'.
The Skål Club of the Year Award ceremony will take place during the 82nd Skål World Congress to be held in Quebec, Canada, from 6 to 10 December 2023.
The winner will be presented with the "Michael O'Flynn" Perpetual Trophy and a certificate valid for a free Double Congress registration in First Class for the 2024 Skål World Congress. Airfare excluded.
SKÅL INTERNATIONAL MELBOURNE was declared Skål Club of the Years 2021/2022.
Timeline 2023 for the "Skål Club of the Year"
Eligible Clubs are invited to participate
Deadline for submission of videos to Headquarters
15 august at 0:00
to 14 OCTOBER AT 23:45 CET
Online voting period by Clubs worldwide
Official announcement of the winner